Dogs and puppies are very energetic animals, especially puppies. They are always jumping around or squirming or running and exploring. These dogs have to sit still in one place to have their nails cut, which is, in any case, harder for them.
Add to that, a few nasty nail cutting experiences because of their energetic nature.
If they experience pain while getting their nails cut and bleed, they would try to avoid that act in the future. For this reason, a new instrument has been introduced in the market – quiet dog nail grinders.
Nail grinders for dogs can be explained as grooming tools that are used as an alternative solution for cutting the nails of dogs.
Dogs are not a big fan of clippers and thus, it is easier to use nail grinders to get rid of their nails than the nail clippers.
The name of the company of the most popular grinding tool is Dremel, thus leading to nail grinders being called dremels too.
Instead of cutting the nails as the clippers do, the nail grinders are used to grind away the nails of the dogs.
They work at a very high speed and used a material similar to that of sandpaper so that it doesn’t harm the dog.
10 Best Dog Nail Grinders (Product Comparison Table)
Image and Rating
Name and Features
Clippers can turn out to be painful for the dogs. Dremel dog nail grinder simplifies the grooming of your pets as well as the owners with the help of the Pet Nail Rotatory Tool. This company also provides for the best Dremel for dog nails.
The Dremel dog nail trimmer kit enables you to safely and easily trim the nails of your pet. The grinder is a rechargeable device and the design makes it harmless for the animals. The kit also comes with an easy to follow instructions so as you will not be confused in any way.
- Power – The Dremel dog nail trimmer works under the power of 4.8 Volts. Thus, it performs very lightly and gently trims the nails of the pets and also make the paws look great with the trimmed nails.
- Duel Speed – The Dremel pet nail grinder can be adjusted to work at two speeds. You can put it in high or low depending on which speed seems the most suitable one for your pet.
- Easy and Fast – The Dremel 7300-pt dog & cat nail grinder kit very gently grind the nails away. It comes with a 60-grit sand drum that grinds the nails away speedily and is very easy to use.
The UrPower Pet Nail Grinder is one of the best dog nail grinders found in the market. This product functions very quietly and there is no excessive humming noise. The product comes with an rechargeable battery and can be kept recharged to use at times.
There are also numerous urpower rechargeable pet nail grinder reviews that speak about why the UrPower nail grinder is one of the best in the market and can answer several questions that you might have about this product. This is one of the quiet dog nail grinders with the super mute motor.
- Rechargeable – The grinder can be recharged with the help of a USB and also comes with a light indicator. After one full charging session, if continuously used, the grinder can work for 3 hours straight.
- Fast and Safe – This grinder is constructed with a diamond bit grinder and is very safe. This product is much more effective than nail clippers. In fact, these are powerful enough to trim the nails in a very short period of time.
- Quiet – The humming sound that this machine gives off is so soft that it cannot be rendered easily. Add to the super mute motor, brass shaft, unique motor technology which makes the sound even softer.
- Good size – The UrPower Pet Nail Grinder has three ports which are for three different nail sizes. You can easily choose one of these ports based on the size of your pet. This feature makes this grinder useable for pets of all sizes and also the characteristics of their nails.
The furminator dog nail grinder performs very high speed. This instrument grind the nails of your pet in a very safe way and assuredly you can get very professional results while sitting in your own house and grinding your pet nails yourself.
There is an easy-grip handle on the product that makes it easier to hold and use on the pets. The FURminator product line has always made sure to provide the best useable products on the pets and it has never disappointed.
There are many furminator nail grinder reviews out on the internet and in the papers as well to prove this statement.
- The furminator nail grinder for dogs has an amazing performance record. It can be used easily without causing any damage to the pet and is also very lightweight which makes it easier to use.
- The nail grinder has a specific design that helps in assuring the users that this grinder is easy to hold and use, efficient and also completely painless for the little pets.
- This product comes with automated LED lights that can provide a signal for the maximum control of the grinder and if there is any problem with the grinder.
- The furminator nail grinder replacement bands are delivered with this product so that you can keep the grinding bands functioning properly even with the replacement bands.
The hertzko electric pet nail grinder is another one of the best dog nail grinders as it can provide painless and gentle trimming, shaping and smoothening of the nails of the dogs. It is one of the best dog nail grinding instruments.
It comes with a USB cable with which it can be charged and made ready to use again. There are numerous hertzko nail grinder reviews all over the various websites from where you can also get the customer reviews of this product.
- Three size Ports – The electric pet nail grinder by hertzko comes with openings of three sizes in the grinding area. The sizes are small and medium for the small and medium-sized pets and the whole cover can be removed for the large-sized pets. Therefore, this grinder can be used for trimming the nails of animals of all sizes.
- Safe and Effective – The Hertzko Nail Grinder is manufactured by the company named Diamond Bit Grinder and is much more effective as well as safe than the nail clippers. These grinders reduce the risk of cutting your pets and hurting them in any way.
- Portable and Easy to Use – These grinders can be easily charged with the already provided USB charger and is portable and therefore can be carried anywhere you go.
- Super Mute Motor – The nail grinder is designed in such a way that the noise emitted from this is really low as is the vibration and thus reduces the chances of your pets being scared of the trimmer.
The Oster nail grinder is a product used to groom the nails of your pets quickly and without causing any trouble. This powerful grinder comes in two speeds and also a cordless battery powdered design that delivers very accurate control and performs quietly, without causing much stress. You can choose any one of the speeds that are the more appropriate one for your pet and safely grind away the nails. There is also an adjustable safety guard that helps to ensure that the nails are not trimmed too far and even the nail dust is captured so that not much of a mess is made. This grinder can be used not only on dogs but on cats as well.
- Design – It is a rotatory tool that I used for trimming the nails of pets. It is also designed in such a way that it is easy to hold, and also there is no ground nail dust in the air.
- Safety guard – The Oster dog nail grinder comes with an adjustable safety guard which makes sure that the nails are not trimmed too deep and thus doesn’t cause pain to the pets.
- Speed – The grinder in the Oster professional nail grinder kit comes with two-speed modes so that you can choose the speed that suits your pet.
The paw perfect pet nail trimmer grooms the nails of your pet. The grinding done by this grinding device is as professional as if it was being done by a professional in the son. It is a very safe device that doesn’t cause any pain or harm to your pet.
The device has three speeds so that you can use whichever one is the most suitable one for your pet. The trimmer comes with three different size slots so that it can be used on animals of all three sizes. A large number of pet holders use the grinder of this company which is evident from the paw perfect reviews.
The paw perfect pet nail trimmer reviews can answer to the many of the questions that you may have which are not answered by the information provided on the internet.
- Quality and Comfort – The device comes with a slip-free rubber handle and is very easy to hold and have a grip on while using. The grinder is also not one of those electric nail files for dogs since the puppies have a habit of chewing everything that they can get their paws on.
- Three Power Modes – The paw perfect pet nail trimmer has two different speeds, on being 7000 rotations per minute and 14000 rotations per minute. It also has three ports so that the device can be used on animals of all sizes. The files used here is fine long and can be used for the trimming of larger and harder nails as well.
- LED lights – The paw perfect nail trimmer comes with LED lights which light on when the power of the device is turned on.
The Casfuy Dog Nail Grinders is another one of the best dog nail grinders found in the market. The Casfuy dog nail grinder has three ports. So, this device can easily grind the nails of the animals of all small, medium and large sizes thus can also be bought as a large dog nail grinder.
It comes with a USB cable that you can connect to an adopter, a laptop or even a power bank for charging up the device. The device also has an LED light so as to indicate when the power is turned on. This also doesn’t cause much noise and thus doesn’t cause much disturbance.
- Speed and Grinding Ports – The trimmer comes with the feature of dual speed, where you can choose the appropriate speed for the grinding of the nails of your pet depending on the length and hardness of the nail. There are also three ports present on the device. Therefore, you have the choice to use whichever one is the better option depending on the size of your pet.
- Low Noise and Vibrations – The Casfuy Dog Nail grinding device uses a superior motor with whisper-quiet technology that lowers the sounds and vibrations emitted from the device tremendously. This system keeps the pet’s calmer as well and thus can rapidly finish grinding the nails.
- Rechargeable – The device is rechargeable and also portable. Therefore, by keeping it charged, it can be used any time and since it is portable, you can take it with you wherever you go.
Another one of the best dog nail grinders found in the market is the I-pure items Dog Nail Grinder. This grinder also comes with three ports of different sizes and thus can be used for grinding the nails of animals of all three sizes.
This device is also rechargeable as well as portable and thus can be carried to any place that you go to.
- Very Powerful – The I-pure items Dog Nail Grinder is another one of the best pet nail grinders present in the market. This device is upgraded with a higher quality brass shaft and thus holds more power than the other grinders. It also works longer than other pet nail grinders. It has a high RMP speed and can thus easily trim the nails very fast.
- Different Size Ports – The dog toenail grinder has three ports of different sizes so that it can be used for grinding the nails of pets for all sizes. There are also two different speeds in which it works you can easily choose the appropriate size for your pet and then let the grinder do its magic on the nails.
- Rechargeable – The large dog nail grinder comes with a USB cable with which it can be recharged whenever needed. This makes it more convenient as you can now keep the device recharged so that you can use it whenever needed without worrying about it running out of charge.
The Bark & Boop Dog Nail Grinder is another one of the best nail grinders for dogs. This device has two speeds for both hard and soft nails of large and small animals respectively. It emits very low sound and thus does not scare away the little pets.
It is rechargeable and comes with a USB wire for charging purposes.
- High Performance – The Bark & Boop professional dog nail grinder has a record of offering the best nail grinding service. It has no record of ever causing any physical pain or harm to a pet. It can function at two speeds, depending on the thickness of the nails and is suitable for both large and little pets.
- Sound free – The product does not emit much sound and therefore there is no risk of scaring away the little pets.
- No More Over-trimming – With these professional dog nail grinders, there is not any risk of over-trimming the nails and causing unnecessary pain to your pets. There are two ports here, and depending on the size of your pet, you can use any one of these without much worrying.
One of the best dog nail grinders, the RUCACIO Dog nail grinder is another one to make it to the list of the best ten dog nail grinders. This electric dog nail trimmer is appreciated by many pet holders to avoid the overcutting of nails and hurting the little pets.
- Top Quality – This is very easy to use and the results are almost like it is done by some professionals. It comes with a diamond bit grinder which makes this pet nail grinder safer and more effective than the others.
- Size Friendly – the grinder comes in three sizes, for small, medium and large-sized pets. Another easier way of grinding the nails faster is to take off the cover.
- Portable and Rechargeable – The electric dog nail trimmer is accompanied by a UCB cable for charging and is also portable and thus can be easily carried anywhere you go. You can also keep the device charged and ready to use any time you need it.
- Silent and Powerful – This device lets out even less than 50 decibel sound and thus eliminates the risk of scaring away the pets. Also, you can keep the device on in front of your pet for s few seconds just make sure that your pets know that the device means no harm to him so that he doesn’t get scared.
While buying a pet nail grinder there are certain things that you should keep in mind that the nail grinder you are buying is one of the best nail grinders for dogs. The nail grinder should come with ports of all sizes so that you can trim the nails of pets of all sizes.
Things to Consider Before Buying the Best Nail Grinder
The grinders also come with two different rotation speeds so that you can easily trim even the harder nails.
1. Dog’s Comfort
It is the most important thing. It should not have sharp edges and should fit its nails properly.
2. Battery life
You need to check that before buying the grinder. Even the electric supported ones are good. Make sure to buy one which at least has a minimum of 3 hours of battery life.
3. Handling Comfort
This one is for you. Not only for the dog but, the grinder should be convenient for the user as well. Choose a grinder that is easy to operate on your hands.
4. Grinding power
Not all the tools have the same kind of grinding ability. Some are suitable for larger dogs while some are suitable for puppies. Hence, you will want to check that with the kind of dog you have.
Advantages and Disadvantages of a Dog Nail Grinder
There are several advantages and disadvantages of using a dog toenail grinder. The advantages which make people choose these nail grinders over the nail cutters for pets are:
Supportive for Fearful Dogs
Sometimes dogs have bad experiences while cutting their nails. These experiences may lead to the dogs being terrified of clippers, as with clippers, it can easily make the dogs bleed. Grinders are much more appreciated in such circumstances. Grinders are easier to use than clippers and do not make the pets bleed in any way.
Using a grinder allows you to make the nails look nicer and also prevents the dogs from snagging their nails on carpeting or other materials. Sometimes the dog might be a jumper and it may be a good thing for your dog to have smooth edges so that there is no unintentional scratching.
Good for Unsteady Hands
Sometimes, your hands might shake which makes it even harder to clip off the nails of your pets and thus might hurt them in any way. Grinders take away this chance of hurting the little beings. While using the grinders, you won’t need to have the previsions while grinding.
Like all other items, these products also come with some disadvantages. They are:
The fact that your dog might still be afraid of the nail grinder. The grinders when turned on, makes a humming noise of the rotation and thus can scare the dog away. You can keep the grinder on in front of the pets for a while and let them smell it to know that it doesn’t mean them any harm. This might be a good way of getting them used to it but it doesn’t work for all pets.
Dust and Odour
There is an odor that arises from the grinding of the nails of the dog. This can be stopped by grinding their nails outside. Since the nail dust also escapes in the air, you might want to wear a mask while grinding the nails.
How to Use a Nail Grinder
Using a pet nail grinder, even though is easier to use than the nail clippers, is not really the easiest. There are things that you still need to consider while trimming the nail. The grinders are like electric nail files for dogs which can be used to get rid of their nails without using clippers.
The nails of the dogs, no matter soft or hard, can be very prone to scratching the skin of the humans around them. It is said that you should trim the nails of your dog at least once in a month, however, for healthy nails, it is recommended to grind their nails every week.
There is a specific way of getting your dog used to the grinder. Just because you’re using an electric dog nail trimmer doesn’t mean that your dog isn’t scared of it. There are certain steps that you can follow to make sure that your dog isn’t afraid of the trimmer. The dog can even smell the device to get used to it which makes it a lot better for their fear.
You can also use the method of reinforcement and place rewards besides the grinder for the dog to approach it and sniff the grinder. You can just keep the trimmer on for a few seconds before the dog. In this way, your dog will get used to the slight humming sound from the grinder and won’t be much scared of it.
Then you can turn on the grinder and touch it to your dog’s nail for a while, letting it get used to the feeling and vibration of the professional dog nail grinder. The whole process will not be done in a day; it might, in fact, take around a few weeks just to get your dog known to the grinder.
The best way to trim a dog’s nail is to only grind a small amount of nail at a time. It should be noted that grinders get hot if used continuously. So do not keep grinding for a long period of time. Also, it is advised that you hols the grinder close to the top so that you can get better control over the grinder.
For overgrown dog nails, you need to slowly hold the grinder towards the very top of the nail and trim a little amount at a time. This might take much more time but it is way better than hurting your pet while hurrying through the grinding process.
You should also make sure that your dog is in a comfortable position so that he or she doesn’t squirm much while grinding the nails. And finally, make sure to hold back the fur of the dog near the legs while trimming it so that there is no stretching of the fur and hurting the pet.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.